Saturday, June 23, 2007

I am told I must blog...

I love to write but this is ridiculous. I have been given a kind of ultimatum of sorts by other writers who maintain that one must blog, the modern-day equivalent of the evolutionary theory, adapt or die! Time has no meaning to the techno novelist of today. It's a 24/7 world now and if I can't handle it, I should prepare for oblivion.

Well, I don't think I'm cut out for the write now, write all the time world. I spend four to six hours a day as it is, fighting with my characters over the various, twisting, turning events which seem to have taken over my third book. Let me revise that statement slightly, which have taken over their book. I forgot. I exist merely to serve.

And I am told I must promote. Constantly. Name recognition is paramount. Even before I have a name, I must be working on creating an identifiable entity on line. Always on the alert for every conceivable opportunity to root to toot toot my proverbial horn...

Ok. How else for an unknown to become a household name? But do I really want to become a household name? I've done that a couple of times in the past and I can't say it was all that much fun! Perhaps I should try writing for the fun of it, if there is such a thing. I don't know. I haven't decided yet. I've got these people standing over my shoulder telling me to get back to work. After all, their story is more important than my musings and they don't like to be kept waiting...